Saturday, December 29, 2012

song of the day

Hey internet, this is the brunette's first ever song of the day! Yayy! So I know yesterday we posted an update/announcement about our brand new schedule, so you should go look at that obviously if you haven't already. But to view the schedule, there will be a link in the sidebar but if you're too lazy even for that then I guess I'll just link it here.
So concluding this weeks indie theme, I'm gonna talk about Atlas Hands by Benjamin Francis Leftwhich. Leftwich is a singer/songwriter from York, England. His song 'Atlas Hands' from his Album Last Smoke Before the Snowstorm is a slow, indie ballad with guitar instrumentals and soft vocals.
Apparently, he wrote it after graduating college with the pressures of people telling him to attend university, when he knew that instead he wanted to pursue music. The song is saying that he is going to be fine, and he is going to find his way eventually.
"I've got a plan, I've got an atlas in my hands. I'm gonna turn when I listen to the lessons that I learn."

You can also watch the nautical-inspired video for the song bellow.




No comments:

Post a Comment