Sunday, December 30, 2012

winter metallics

Hello there! It's the brunette here. I have noticed that metallic has been a very recurring trend for the winter. From gold to silver to rose-gold and all other interpretations of the shade-I have been seeing this trend everywhere lately.
For one thing-nails. I've been seeing this as a nail color constantly, and I am in fact wearing a purple-y metallic color on my nails right now for New Years. My favorite metallic colors are two that I own from topshop, the first one is the purple one that I'm wearing right now (eyes of steel), and the second one is travel-sized gold one (crystal clouds).


I've also noticed that metallic pants have been quite popular. My personal favorite is the American Apparel disco pant, which resembles the ensemble Sandy wears at the end of Grease in 'You're the One that I Want.' However, at $85, almost every common retailer carries a shimmery legging knock-off and some for nearly half the price. [H&M, AE, ASOS]
But if leggings aren't really your thing, places are also selling shimmery or glittery metallic jeans. [PS, ASOS, F21]
And designer options. [7 for all mankind, Juicy Couture]


No comments:

Post a Comment