Sunday, January 6, 2013

song of the day

Hey, it's the brunette here! So it's technically the blonde's day but today she's sick :( so instead I'll be filling in for her.
Okay, so it's alternative week! This is both of our favorite genres! And I cannot wait until my song tomorrow! But today Lillian has asked for me to talk about her song pick.
The song 'sixpack' was written by the two-peice band consisting of brothers Jake and Jamin Orrall from  Nashville, Tenesse. While the band started in 2001, sixpack is off of their newest album, Hypnotic Nights (2012). 
The song has a rock inspired rhythm and summer inspired melodies and lyrics, which is only fitting considering the song's album was released in mid July. The music video is also inspired by summer, which only reminds me of how much I miss it. 
Watch it here:


No comments:

Post a Comment